The Complete Singer:
Spiritual, Technical, and Practical Tools
to Help You Realize Your Musical Dreams
Sat., May 3, 1 - 4 p.m.
Taught by Me and Vocalist-Educator Daria
I'm excited to be offering a new workshop, at my Oakland home, for singers, harnessing information from the realms of mind, body, and spirit -- and to be teaching it with the wonderful singer and instructor Daria.
* Reconnect with your original dream of becoming a singer
* Identify and fine-tune your goals and activities
* Get tools and information to increase your confidence, ease, and well-being as a singer (from vocal health to energy awareness)
* Get personalized feedback on vocal technique
- Includes guided visualization, meditation, instruction, sharing, and singing.
- Free, homemade snacks.
- PLUS free 15-minute consultation within two months after the workshop with either Lisa (clairvoyant reading & healing via phone) or Daria (vocal consultation via Skype or phone).
- Easy parking in safe, pleasant Oakland neighborhood.
- All for $75. What a deal!
- Maximum 10 participants, so reserve your place now! Open to those at all levels.
Please reply to lisabmusic at hotmail.com (or Contact via the Contact page -- click link above) to reserve your place now or ask any questions! Again, the date is Sat. May 3, 1 to 4 p.m.
The workshop will help you:
--Feel more relaxed and connected to your breath support
--Feel more "in your body," confident, and clear
--Reduce stage fright, resistance, confusion, insecurity
--Expand your vocal exercises and terminology
--Draw on your different chakras or major energy centers when singing
--Learn helpful tips on your key vocal issues
Your singer's life:
--Reconnect with your own joy of singing
--Identify goals you want to keep, revise, or add
--Stop competing with yourself and others
--Explore how diet, sleep, allergens, medications, and stress affect your voice
--Set your own tone/agenda for your singing activities
--Get answers to key questions about your singing approach or career in the group and in a one-on-one consult with Daria or Lisa
Daria is an acclaimed vocalist, recording artist, and educator who has performed and toured internationally with her trio and Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks. She has taught at the Jazzschool, College of Marin, Blue Bear School of Music, and elsewhere. See www.dariajazz.com.
"Daria's masterful and compassionate vocal coaching style, coupled with her ability to provide a safe and respectful environment, has transformed me from a shy, quiet individual to a more confident, vocally present participant in the world and in my own life. I am eternally grateful for our work together." - Darla Holst
Lisa B (Lisa Bernstein) is a singer, poet, and clairvoyant reader, healer, and coach with five CDs and two books to her credit. She received grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, Headlands Center for the Arts, and others. She has taught at San Francisco State University, the Jazzschool, Anna Yates Elementary School, and Allendale Recreation Center
“Lisa Bernstein's mix of spoken word poetry...and passionate jazzy, high-register vocalizing is …hard to resist.” - All Music Guide
“I know Lisa as an accomplished poet and singer. Recently I had a chance to experience her other skill as an intuitive. I would recommend her without reservation to anyone who is curious to know more about themselves.” – Ben Flint, pianist and educator